Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ella jokes

Brady gave Ella a rubber chicken about a month ago. She LOVES it. Sometimes it snuggles her to sleep. I don't know - my kid is weird.

Today she came into the kitchen and said:

"Mom! Why did the rubber chicken cross the road?"

"I don't know. Why did the rubber chicken cross the road, Ella?"

"To get to the rubber side!"

I laughed out loud. My almost-four-year-old is telling funny jokes. It is just another sign that she's getting bigger and smarter everyday, and that someday soon she'll not be my baby girl anymore. That all makes me sad. But seriously? "The rubber side?" Funny!

1 comment:

The Fearless Freak said...

It is such a joy when they finally get to telling ACTUAL jokes. MT has started trying but we get stuff like "what do you get when you cross a ghost with a bone?" A ghost bone, at which we are expected to guffaw wildly.

TB on the other hand, tells the joke "why did the skeleton go to the meat store?" Because he needed some more ribs ROFL