Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Seriously?

Last week I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I saw that they had the printer that I'd been eyeing and that it was on sale, so I bought it. I asked Brady to hook it up for me. He never got around to it, so I decided to try to do it myself.

The first thing that weirded me out was that there was scotch tape over the top where the box should have been closed with packing tape. When I opened the box, I noticed that the cord was very dusty. "This has been used," I thought to myself.

I pulled out all the paperwork and cd's that came in the box, and everything just looked odd. Then I pulled out the printer and wouldn't you know it! The fucking thing was used! Not only was is filthy, but it wasn't even the same printer! I purchased an all-in-one, and this was just a plain old printer. I was furious!!! All I could think was, "Seriously? What a bunch of fucking assholes!" Yet, at the same time I thought, "but they sure did a good job."

I called the store, and asked customer service if I could bring it back. Artie (I made her spell her name) said it was fine if I had my receipt. I was sure to write her name and the time that I spoke with her on my receipt. I didn't want to take it back and them tell me that I was stuck with this piece of crap. Although, seriously....Wal-Mart will take anything back.

Looking back on it, I remember thinking something seemed odd about the box when I took it off the shelf. But I was in a hurry and Grayson was acting up, so I put the thought to the back of my head. I should have listened to my gut.

I did take the printer back yesterday, and I had no trouble returning it. In fact, Artie was there to share in my pain. It took 3 customer service people to ponder the craziness of it all, but I now have my HP Photosmart C5240 All-in-One printer, and I've already become a printing fool! Yay!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I would hope Wal-mart would start checking things in better. I'm sure someone bought that printer and then went home boxed their piece of crap printer up and returned it for a full refund. Therefore, they got their printer free. What a racket!

Glad to hear you didn't have a problem returning it!