Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A day at the orchard

I have been working like a mad woman these past few days to get all my items prepped for the One Week Boutique sale. I made over $200 in the spring sale, and I'm pretty sure I'll pull in more for this one.

Since I've been so busy, I haven't been doing much with the kids. They've watched a little too much television this week and I'm trying not to feel bad about it.

Yesterday was such a lovely day, that I decided I couldn't be selfish and make the kids stay inside. I took them on a trip to Curtis Orchard after Grayson's nap so they could get some sillies out.

Ella was excited to pick apples that she insisted I make into a pie. I've never made a homemade pie - so I think I'll give it a go....with a store-bought crust.
After picking apples, Ella pretended to be an airplane as one was flying over us.

Ella stops to observe a dozen or so butterflies that covered the path.

After apple picking, I let the kids roam free in Munchkin Land. It's one of the few places that I can let G loose and not worry about him running away. I have sworn off parks for the time being. In fact the word "park" has become one of the bad 4-letter words in our house. As much as I'd like to take the kids, it's too hard. I think he just wants to get as far away from me as possible!

This is the kitty that all the kids were fighting over. It doesn't look too friendly, but was actually a very cuddly kitten.
I had no idea G knew how to climb this type of slide and go down all by himself!

It felt so good to enjoy the great weather with the kids. I know they had fun, and with every trip we take to C.O., we always leave with fun new memories! (This time we left with 2 bags of apples. I made apple crisp today - super yummy!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love Ella looking like an airplane. And Grayson looks to grown up! I'm glad you guys had a great time =)

If you need any help finishing that peach thing-y, let me know!

Quigs78 said...

Sorry we missed it - it looked like a good time! But both kids have their own sick issues right now, so I'm glad we didn't go and pass anything on to your babies!

And good for you for baking a pie - we just bought one there. :)

Amy said...

oops! I mean apple thing-y...