Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm not an idiot.

I had to cancel the C.A.R.E. carnival the other day due to the high possibility of rain. Of course, it didn't rain. So I felt like a big schmuck when I woke up Saturday morning to sunny skies. Then I realized that B wasn't home from work yet. He had gone to work at 7 the previous morning. There had been problems at one of his Danville sites, and the last time I talked to him was Friday night around 9.

I get worried when this happens - he works all night long after working all day. I called him and I could tell by the ring that he was on the other line. He didn't answer. About 40 minutes later I heard him pull into the drive. It was 8:15, which meant he'd been at work for over 25 hours. He was so delirious when he walked in the house and was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

It was at this point that I was glad I had cancelled the carnival. Even though we weren't rained out, I would have had to cancel so that we wouldn't have disturbed B. The last thing he needed was a bunch of screaming kids right outside his window or someone accidentally opening the bedroom door looking for the bathroom. Not to mention Spike - I would have put her in her kennel, which happens to be in our room. She would have just barked and barked.

So although I am sorry I disappointed a lot of people by cancelling the carnival, and although to most people I seem like an idiot because it didn't rain, I'm glad I did. It worked out for the best. At least for my husband.

No comments: