Saturday, August 23, 2008

5 Things about meme

Ok. So since I've been tagged for this "5 things about meme" thing not once, not twice, but three times, I suppose I am obligated to participate. I do appreciate that Quigs, Mommy Schiff, and Fearless Freak all thought of me, though. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to think that I'm making some nice friends here. Or maybe that's just the hot specialty coffee I made for myself this morning. Hm.

1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player's blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?
I was working at a BP station as a cashier, but really doing the assistant manager's job without the higher pay. I was playing summer softball. I was at the bars too many nights a week drinking too much beer. I was the on-again, off-again girlfriend to my now-husband, Brady. I was the thinnest I had ever been in my life, and I was loving summer.

What are 5 things on your to-do list for today?
1. Put laundry away.
2. Bathe the kids.
3. Weed the garden (if it doesn't rain).
4. Clean the kitchen.
5. Look online for cake ideas for E's birthday party.

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. Ice cream
2. Iced coffee, blended
3. Oatmeal raisin cookies
4. Trail mix
5. Chips and salsa

What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Pay off all my debt, and that of my family (minus B's side of the family - they can stick it.)
2. Build/buy an amazing house on the Atlantic Ocean.
3. Put money away for the kids college fund.
4. Travel, travel, travel
5. Open a no-kill animal clinic and offer cheap spay/neuter services.


What are 5 of your bad habits?
1. Not giving myself "me" time.
2. Spending too much time on the computer.
3. I worry about the little things too much.
4. I expect too much from others.
5. My housekeeping skills are lacking.

Where are 5 places that you have lived?
1. Hennepin, Illinois
2. Carbondale, Illinois
3. Mark, Illinois
4. Streator, Illinois
5. St. Joseph, Illinois

What are 5 jobs you've had?
1. Retail sales clerk
2. Library assistant
3. Customer service rep
4. Gas station attendant
5. Substitute teacher

Five people I tag:
Ok. I don't have a lot of friends, and very few blogging friends. So those of you who tagged me already are getting tag-backs. No one called "no tag-backs" in the beginning, so THERE!
1. Quigs78 - 2 kids, 3 cats, and a blog
2. Mommy Schiff - Life Interrupted
3. Fearless Freak - The Fabulous Follies of a Freaky Family
4. Looseyfur - Looseyfur's Midwest Adventures
5. Lavender Lemonade - Limes, Lemons, and Beautiful Yarn

No comments: