Friday, August 8, 2008

Eat, Drink and Be Merry


I am leaving in a few hours for my long anticipated weekend away. I will be dropping my kids off at my mother's house and my best mate Troy and I will be taking our annual trip to Alpine Valley in Wisconsin to see The Dave Matthews Band with The Black Crowes. We will be camping at Snug Harbor, which will be overcrowded with other DMB fans. We will get stuck in traffic on the way to the concert, as always, which will lead to a party on the highway, beer included. We will tailgate for hours. We will find our place on the steep hillside and attempt to make it "our spot." We will inevitably lose each other 3 or 4 times through the course of the evening, but miraculously will end up back together for the end of the show. We will tailgate again while watching the hoards of people fight to leave the parking lot. We will go back to the campground and while we will already have a natural high, we'll get wasted. We will leave on Sunday morning, stinky and tired. But it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

makeup_girl said...

For a pic of Troy and the venue, click on the links.