Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 2 W/O Daddy

Today is day 2 with B out of town. The kids are getting to me. The weather isn't helping.

I would love to just let them loose in the backyard for a while, but I can't stand the heat. When it is 100 degrees in the shade, it's too hot. And I don't even know what the heat index was today, but there was no way I was gonna sit outside and sweat my ass off while my kids got heat exhaustion. I don't even know if they'd want to be out in the heat, but I'm not giving them the option. If the weather lady on Channel 3 is right, we'll have a heat index of 100+ for the next 6 days. Wow. That sucks. I hate heat and humidity. When it's like this, I don't even like walking to the mailbox, let alone taking the kids anywhere. This, of course, means we're stuck inside for a week. I'm going to have to kick my mommy-brain into high gear to find ways to entertain the children. Wish me luck.

Did I previously mention that Brady is going to a Cubs game this Saturday? I wonder what it would be like to be able to go and do random things without the kids on a regular basis. Humph.

Even though I had the bed all to myself last night, I didn't sleep good. Ella's been coming into our room every night for the last 2 weeks. She'll get in bed with us (last night, with me) for a while, then want to go back to her room. I ask her, during the daytime, why she isn't staying in her bed at night. "I just want to snuggle with you, Momma," she says. As much as I love to snuggle my daughter, I equally love sleep. Let's hope tonight I can get at least 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Ha. That's funny.

1 comment:

Quigs78 said...

"I wonder what it would be like to be able to go and do random things without the kids on a regular basis."

I wonder that too - about things like eating a hot meal, going to the bathroom, taking a shower. You know, the luxuries.