Monday, July 7, 2008

Nap Time for Mommy

I have always thought that a person can tell just how tired they were by the amount of drool they wake up in.

Yesterday, Sunday, I was able to take nap. I haven't had an uninterrupted nap in a really long time. So after G went down around 1:30, I headed straight to the bedroom planning to really feel the benefits of our new mattress by taking advantage of an empty bed. I briefly mumbled something of this sort to B as I shuffled into the bedroom. I was so stinking tired! The weekend was long and full of fun and excitement, and I hadn't had much sleep the night before.

I remember waking up 3 times, but not because E had come in to ask me a question, or because she needed to go on the potty. I woke up because I had drooled so much, I had to flip my pillow over - 3 times! Each time I was back in dreamland faster than a pack of dogs on a 3-legged cat.
When I finally woke up with the intentions of actually getting out of bed, I just layed there thinking, "Wow. I was really tired. How much drool can one person actually produce?"

I walked into the living room and looked at B. He said I'd been asleep for 2 1/2 hours. When I told him about my wet pillow, he just gave me the "look," and went back to watching his golf tournament. The "look," (which I'll refer to often, because I get it often) consists of him sorta pursing his lips and furrowing his brow while rolling his eyes. It annoys the shit outta me.

So the nap was well deserved, and the bed passed the test. I was worried that because of the nap I wouldn't be able to fall asleep last night. Ha! Sometimes I surprise myself, because I was actually asleep before midnight, which is rare! AND.....I slept in 'til 8 o'clock this morning! The sleep gods are being nice for a change, and I'm taking full advantage of it!

1 comment:

The Fearless Freak said...

I have been crazy tired recently! I stay up late, but we also sleep in pretty late most days (yesterday the kids didn't get up until 9, which is crazy)

We started a family "rest time" in the afternoons. MT was fighting her nap, so I decided that everyone would lay down, the kids can watch movies on their DVD payers, I read and we usually fall asleep. That means I get a nap almost every day, which is AWESOME! :)