Monday, July 28, 2008

Spike Rests

On Saturday, Brady took Spike in to get her stitches taken out. She had been spayed 12 days prior, and I didn't know how much longer I could take her stink. She had already destroyed the cone they put around her neck and luckily showed no interest in licking her stitches out herself. All I wanted to do was bathe her. Actually, I had assigned that chore to B. Poor Spike. I think she knew how awful she smelled. Of course that didn't stop her from wanting to sit on the couch.

So on Saturday afternoon, B brought her home and immediately put her in the bathtub. They were in there a long time. Spike emerged a clean, stink-free puppy, who was just exhausted and only had sleep on her agenda.
I took these picture of her resting in her "box" in the kitchen. I know that I complain a lot about her and sometimes I forget that she's just a puppy, but when she's asleep or calm, she's so adorable.






2 comments:

Amy said...

Spike it such a cute puppy! WW and I love her.

Glad to hear she is now stink-free =)

Quigs78 said...

So cute. I would love to have a dog, but we're too lazy. So we'll just make friends with people who have dogs to get our dog fix.

Damn, we should've thought of that with kids, too.

:)