Thursday, October 9, 2008

WTF is this?

Everyone is talking about how bad the bugs are this year. Monday I was attacked by Pirate bugs. Those tiny bitches still have me scratching my skin raw.

One particular bug that gives me the heebee-geebees is this one. I took this picture in my garage.


I have no idea what it is, but it has overrun our town. We get them every fall, but they seem to be worse this year. I won't take the kids outside to play or even for a walk. As you walk down the sidewalk, they sense you coming, and then swarm. Seriously...they swarm into the air.


I have heard people say that these bugs don't bite humans, that they eat mosquitoes. I don't know about that. What I do know is that they are creepy, and they are all over our front porch. All I can hope for (like Freak) is a frost.


On a funny note, Ella calls them mosquito spiders. If they had a web, she'd be right.

3 comments:

makeup_girl said...

I just found out that they are called "crane flies" and are harmless (so they say). I still don't like them.

Amy said...

Yeah, the look way creepy!

Quigs78 said...

We had one on our sliding glass door last week! On the inside!

The cats were all eyeing it and ready to pounce, and Bubba was trying to grab it. I ended up putting a glass on it and letting it outside because it was too big for me to try to kill! LOL