Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lazy day

I think everyone needs a day now and then where they do absolutely nothing. No phone calls, chores, or errands. Today was one of those days for me.

Ella had a mild cold, then 2 days later, Grayson got it. So last night, he decided to get up about 4 (of course I took a nap yesterday, which meant I didn't get to sleep until 1) and I was too tired to deal with his "I'm-awake-let's-play-jump-eat-watch tv" craziness. I turned on cartoons and took cat naps on the couch while he crawled all over me.

It was no surprise when Grayson crashed out for his nap about 10 o'clock this morning. I decided to take his nap time to hang out with Ella. We watched "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium," and ate homemade Rice Krispie treats, made with the new Krispies that are 3x bigger and have a hint of honey. (They were okay.)

We had such a good time snuggling on the couch and talking about the movie. Before we knew it, it was lunch time and Grayson was still asleep. I didn't wake him. We stayed on the couch for some more snuggle time watching "Martha Speaks."

Grayson finally woke up about 3, and he was feeling so much better. I gave him his favorite snack, raisins, and then settled on the couch with my two favorite snuggle bugs for a few episodes of "Little Einsteins."

I had lots of things I needed to do today, but I had lots more fun just doing nothing with the kids.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Was the Wonder Emporium movie good? I have been meaning to see it...

makeup_girl said...

It is a great movie!