Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Spotted Dick

This past spring, I was shopping in Meijer and found myself in the aisle with foods from around the world. I stopped short when something caught my eye: Spotted Dick in a can. I took a picture and sent it to a few people who I knew would laugh like 6th graders over it (like I did).



I bought the can because, really, how could I not? I got text messages that day from those select people who thought I had found the picture on the internet. They were surprised to find out that this actually did exist and that I bought it.

A few weeks ago, my parents were at my house and I remembered that I still had the can of Spotted Dick in the pantry. My dad told me that in England, "dick" also means pudding. Before I realized what he was doing, he started preparing the "pudding."

Surprisingly, it was really good. It was sorta like a bread pudding with raisins in it. It could have used some sort of sauce with it, but that didn't stop me or my family from taking more than a few bites.

Maybe next time I'm at the store, I'll look for some more dick in the aisle. I wonder how many flavors of dick are out there? Who knew Mejer sold such good dick? I could go on and on...LOL!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, that is hilarious and your 6th grade humor is cracking me up!

Quigs78 said...

I was always told that if the dick had spots to stay away from it. But you went and put it in your mouth anyway. And you liked it!

Lavender Lemonade said...

Microwavable! Hmm...I wouldn't have thought dick in the microwave was a good thing...but what do I know.

Angel The Alien said...

Sounds yummy! I want some of that dick! ;)