Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick-or-Treat!

On Thursday, Ella had her Halloween party at preschool. She got to wear her monkey costume and trick-or-treat in a parade through the school. She had a lot of fun.

This is a picture of her and Sam, who she talks about all the time.



"Trick or Treat!"




For Halloween, Brady took Ella around the neighborhood. Here, she's posing with the jack-o-lanterns that Brady carved.


Grayson stayed home with me to hand out candy. He didn't want to wear his costume, and was content eating crackers and watching cartoons.



Since we only had 2 pumpkins this year, I told Brady that he had to carve one nice and one scary. If he had his way, they'd both be scary. Ella picked out the evil queen.







For the past few years, we've had tons of kids ring our doorbell for candy on Halloween. Last year I made 140 goodie bags, and I ran out of bags causing me to open another 5 lb. bag and hand out pieces of candy. This year, I made 200 bags. I had 52 left over. Why do I make the bags, you ask? Because I want to know how many kids we get. I was just really surprised at how few trick-or-treaters there were. The weather was great, so I expected the doorbell to ring non-stop. Our trick-or-treat started at 5:30, and our doorbell didn't ring for the first time until 6:03. I don't get it. When the weather is cold and rainy, we get more kids than when it's 65 degrees and sunny? Makes no sense. Oh well. Anyone need some candy?

2 comments:

Quigs78 said...

I'm going to get you one of those clicky counter things that bouncers have.

I was really surprised at our low numbers, too. Granted, we started an hour late because we were out trick-or-treating ourselves, but I totally overbought.

That means more trips to the gym! :)

makeup_girl said...

You mean more trips to Zumba?