Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bad reflexes

Last Friday, I had to make a run to Wal-Mart. Aubry, my niece, was staying with us, so that meant me, plus 3 kids - not an easy task. On our way out of the store, I was thankful our trip was uneventful. Then it happened.

Ella fell down right outside the doors onto the cement. She was right at my feet, and I looked down to see if she was ok. Then, as if my brain wasn't working right, I watched in slow motion, as I ran over her hand with the shopping cart. She was crushed by the back wheel that was supporting the weight of my son (35 lbs), a box of diapers, and a 20 pound turkey.

Of course she was screaming, and her hand immediately turned blue and purple. I was worry it was broken. Wouldn't that be something to tell the doctor: "Yes, it is my fault. I saw her hand on the ground right by the back wheel of the shopping cart, but for some reason, I ran over it anyway."

I gave her a bag of carrots to put on it, and the crying stopped by the time we had gotten home. She was going to be fine. Thank goodness. I, however, still feel like crap about it.

1 comment:

Jules AF said...

Oh, how sad! Poor baby.